The Incorporated Council of Law Reporting website (www.iclr.co.uk) (the “Website”) is operated by the Incorporated Council of Law Reporting (us, we, our or ICLR). We are registered under company number 00005034 and have our registered address at Megarry House, 119 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1PP.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data from and about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our Online Services or requesting further services. The typical information that we collect includes your name, e-mail address, address and telephone number.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
2. What happens to the information collected?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will seek your prior consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting the Website Manager.
We may make use of software allowing us to carry out aggregate analysis of traffic to our Website, but no individual visitor or customer may be identified in any report generated from this analysis. This information is used simply to allow us to improve the Website in line with the needs of our customers and visitors and is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.
We may employ the services of a third party to help us in certain areas, such as in relation to payment processing or website hosting. In some cases the third party may receive your information. However, at all times, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information.
We may also use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure the successful registration and provision of the services.
- To assist with the provision of the services.
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
3. Email addresses and personal information
We will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide, for example by sending emails or completing online forms. We will not share any lists we compile with other organisations without your prior consent. Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders they have placed on-line.
With respect to ad servers: We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
What is a cookie?
A cookie, also known as a browser cookie, is a text file containing small amounts of information which a server may download to your computer, mobile or tablet when you visit a website or use an app.
There are different types of cookies which are used to do different things, such as letting you navigate between different pages on a website efficiently, remembering preferences you have given and helping us to identify ways to improve your overall site experience.
What cookies do we use?
- ‘Strictly necessary’ cookies: these cookies let you move around the Website and use essential features such as accessing secure areas of the website and identifying you as being logged in. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, however, as they are required for the proper operation of the Website. If you prevent them, we cannot guarantee how it will perform.
- Google Analytics, CMS, RUM, Facebook and Twitter cookies: we use these cookies to collect information about how visitors use our website, including details of the site where the visitor has come from and the total number of times a visitor has been to the Website. We use the information to improve our website and enhance the experience of its visitors. Your use of this website constitutes your consent to the Website setting cookies on your device.
If you do not want the Website to set cookies on your device then you should not use the site and you should delete any cookies which have been placed on your device having visited the site.
Where can I find more information about cookies?
You can find useful information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial information, subscribers are transferred to a secure third party site, Cardsave, in order to process the transaction. Their privacy statement is at www.cardsave.net/privacy-policy. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Website.
6. Further Information and Changes
If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our Website to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. We will respect your email privacy, and no customer or visitor information will be passed on to third parties without your prior consent.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.